Health & Wellbeing During GAMSAT Season
RE: Health & Wellbeing During GAMSAT Season
As we approach the end of Semester 2, many prospective candidates are starting to think about buckling down during the holidays and preparing for the March 2019 GAMSAT. However, the need to study for the GAMSAT should not come at the expense of your physical and mental health. Rather, the key to success is maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Accordingly, here are our top tips for the upcoming months:
- Exercise regularly: a very wise lady (named Elle Woods) once said, “exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy [and happy people don’t shoot their husbands]”. Whether it be going to the gym or hiking, it is crucial that you remain active for your physical and mental well being.
- Eat well: maintaining a balanced diet is crucial for your physical health. This will optimise your brain function whilst also protecting you from any colds or viruses.
- Maintain your hobbies: the GAMSAT is a difficult exam that should be taken seriously. However, planning to study for 24 hours per day is unrealistic. Make time for the things that you enjoy. Consider using your hobbies as a reward for a hard day’s work.
- Clear your mind: a small amount of stress is useful for motivating you to study. However, excessive amounts of stress will impede your progress. If you feel like you need a little more help, contact your GP or university counsellor.
- See your family & friends: time with loved ones is crucial for helping you to unwind. Your support network are the ones that will get you through not only the GAMSAT but also medical/dental school, specialist training and life generally. See them, embrace them and love them.
Most importantly, look after your mental health. Issues including depression and anxiety are highly prevalent within the medical and dental professions. Find a regular GP that you know and trust. It is also perfectly fine to come in if you’re a little stressed and simply need somebody to talk to – plenty of patients do this!
Ultimately, our goal at AceGAMSAT is to make your GAMSAT journey less stressful and help you achieve the best possible results. Hence, we are providing you with our FREE resources which may assist your study.
To find out everything you need to know about Section II of the GAMSAT, download our Free GAMSAT Essay Bible.
Additionally, you can use our GAMSAT Essay Quote Generator to practice writing your essays. We have some of the best GAMSAT Practice materials online.
Lastly, if you would like a free GAMSAT practice test for Section III, you can find one here: GAMSAT Practice Test Free PDF Download