Med Prep GAMSAT
RE: Med Prep GAMSAT
Looking for Med Prep for GAMSAT ? In this post, we explain what the Med Prep for GAMSAT is and how it can help you pass the GAMSAT by using the right study book or GAMSAT preparation materials. Ace GAMSAT is about providing the best GAMSAT practice tests online and our Med Prep material is one of them. When it comes to Med Prep, the central concept behind question development in both Humanities and Socials Sciences section and Biological and Physical Sciences section of GAMSAT revolves around the testing of skills in the Cognitive Domain.
Skills in the Cognitive Domain revolve around knowledge, comprehension and critical thinking. This is arranged into six levels from lower order processes to higher order processes. The GAMSAT Multiple Choice Questions aim to test higher order processes, which are in turn dependent upon mastery of lower order processes.
What Does The GAMSAT Asses Or Examine ?
The GAMSAT examines a variety of thinking skills. All thinking skills that underlie GAMSAT have been identified in the solutions to all questions. The nature of the GAMSAT is that, in any given exam, it is hard to precisely predict content, especially in relation to the section which involves scientific reasoning, Section III. What AceGamsat appreciates is that for this reason breadth of study is essential for any student to achieve in their specific preparation. The ideal GAMSAT candidate will be versed in not merely what appears on the final exam, but in many associated topic areas and fields which have appeared throughout the pass few years of the exam. Preparedness is key.
The majority of the GAMSAT is based around multiple-choice questions that test reasoning in:
- Humanities and Social Sciences, and
- Biological and Physical Sciences
These multiple-choice questions are formulated around the central thesis of Bloom’s Taxonomy as it relates to desired educational objectives.
Med Prep GAMSAT – Section I
Section I of GAMSAT assesses the ability to understand and analyse both written and graphically presented material around social and cultural themes within our environment. A large portion of this section will be in written passages, although some will be tables and graphs. Various writings in personal, imaginative, expository and argumentative styles are used in Section I questions of GAMSAT. Social-cultural, personal and interpersonal themes are among those included in this exam. It is also worth noting that the exam often features topically relevant sections which focus on medical practice, doctor-patient relationships, and the challenges of dealing with illness and grief.
The questions in section 1 of the actual GAMSAT can be divided into 4 categories. These are:
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Graphics and Illustrations
The questions in the GAMSAT Study materials have been created to represent the listed question types in section 1 of the GAMSAT. Here you have hundreds of GAMSAT practice questions of exceptional quality. All questions have been extensively reviewed and tested. From these exceptional, carefully crafted GAMSAT resources, you will have the best possible resource base to fully prepare for the intimidating array of questions ACER will present.
What Are Some Types Of GAMSAT Sample Questions ?
- A dense passage from Plato describing the manner in which the individual has specific responsibilities in their interactions with fellow citizens of the city-state.
- A brief passage of dialogue taken from a Jane Austen novel in which two friends gossip about the events of the previous night’s party.
- A detailed description of a medical procedure and the potential implications it might have for a patient.
Med Prep GAMSAT – Section II
What Does section II of the Med prep involve ?
- Section II of the GAMSAT involves the candidate writing two essays, each written in 30 minutes, and of perhaps two-and-a-half pages in length.
- Five quotes are provided for each essay task and all the quotes surround a common theme.
- Task A deals with socio-cultural issues and Task B deals with social and personal issues.
- The overall style of Task A is argumentative. This means that it will be important for the student to distill from the provided quotes a central debatable concept. Quotes for Task A are provided on the AceGamsat quote generator.
- The overall style of Task B is more reflective. It will be necessary for candidates to be able to “take quotes and run with them”, determining how best to elaborate and expand on ideas based on their own impressions, opinions and experiences. Quotes for Task B are provided on the AceGamsat quote generator.
- A title is recommended for each essay. Be creative! The markers are looking for the best ideas. Ideas are more important than spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- The best ideas get the best marks, so planning your essay in the first 5 minutes is the key to success.
- When planning your essay, read the series of 5 quotes carefully and determine the overall theme. The theme is quite obvious. Some examples of themes include: freedom, crime, poverty, wealth, punishment, science, technology, love, friendship, humour, suffering, youth, beauty, ageing, conformity, originality.
Med Prep GAMSAT – Section III
What Does section III of the Med prep involve ?
Section III includes biology, general chemistry, and organic chemistry all at university level, and physics at year 12 level. Overall, the exam consists of 40% biology, 20% organic chemistry, 20% general chemistry, and 20% physics. These proportions can vary a bit from one exam to the next.
Candidates are required to use their knowledge and the understanding of concepts to answer questions. This section involves the analysis of tables, graphs, charts, and scientific information. This is really about being able to absorb the information under time constraints, and then engage in rapid analysis.
Our entire Home Study Course contains 1000+ Section III questions.
Once again, practice is the key. The best way to learn all the sciences is by utilising the AceGAMSAT science study guides for chemistry, biology, and physics. Students should also watch all the video material that is provided in each book of the GAMSAT Study Package.
What are some examples of the types of concepts which will be essential for you to learn for Section III
- NUCLEIC ACIDS
- THE CELL
- CELL THEORY
- CELL SIZE
- VISUALISATION OF CELLS
- CELL STRUCTURE
- ENDOMEMBRANE SYSTEM
- MITOCHONDRIA AND CHLOROPLASTS
- CELL MOVEMENT
- THE CELL MEMBRANE
- PASSIVE TRANSPORT
- ACTIVE TRANSPORT
- CELLULAR METABOLISM
- AEROBIC RESPIRATION
- KREBS CYCLE
- ELECTRON TRANSPORT CHAIN
- MITOSIS AND THE CELL CYCLE
- BINARY FISSION
- EUKARYOTIC CELL CYCLE
- M PHASE
- SEXUAL REPRODUCTION AND MEIOSIS
- STAGES OF MEIOSIS
- MEIOSIS VS MITOSIS
These key topics areas, laid out in appropriate detail, are just a small array of myriads science concepts which can revised or learned in the AceGamsat materials. Once you have learned the key concepts, then you can practice your knowledge either on practice questions related to the topic, or an actual full practice GAMSAT.
Finally, it is worth noting that students of all academic backgrounds, scientific or otherwise, are intimidated by the knowledge they feel they must acquire for the physics portion of the exam. AceGamsat materials make this process uniquely accessible and navigable through topics outlines such as this, which allow candidates to easily absorb the required knowledge:
- TRANSLATIONAL MOTION
- SCALARS AND VECTORS
- ADDING AND SUBTRACTING VECTORS
- RESOLUTION OF VECTORS AND TRIGONOMETRIC FUNCTIONS
- DISTANCE AND DISPLACEMENT
- SPEED AND VELOCITY
- UNIFORMLY ACCELERATED MOTION
- FORCE, MOTION, AND GRAVITATION
- MASS, WEIGHT, CENTRE OF MASS
- NEWTON’S LAWS (I, II, III)
- SPECIAL RIGHT TRIANGLES
- FREE FALL MOTION
- PROJECTILE MOTION
- INCLINED PLANES
- CIRCULAR MOTION AND CENTRIPETAL FORCE
Ultimately, our goal at AceGAMSAT is to make your GAMSAT journey less stressful and help you achieve the best possible results. Hence, we are providing you with our FREE resources to assist your study.
To find out everything you need to know about Section II of the GAMSAT, download our Free GAMSAT Essay Bible.
Lastly, if you would like a free GAMSAT practice test for Section III, you can find one here: GAMSAT Practice Test Free PDF Download